Hey everyone and welcome to the OwlCrate Unboxing post!
For those of you who don’t know what OwlCrate is, it is a monthly subscription box. Each one contains a hardcover Young Adult novel, some book related goodies and a couple of bookish items, chosen around a specific theme in mind.
The theme of March box was ‘Across the Galaxy‘.
- The first item is an exclusive candle from Wick & Fable, inspired by The Illuminae Files. There were two different scents sent out, inspired by either Kady Grant or Hannah Donnely. I have received the Kady inspired one, of Blood Orange scent. It smells amazing! Really sweet scent, I’m guessing orange. And it has glitter on the top as well, so pretty!
- Next up we have Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Mystery Pint Size Heroes from Funko. I got Nebula, it is so small and adorable! She is most likely gonna find itself sitting on my desk somewhere.
- The next item is absolutely stunning watercolour bookmark created by Lexy Olivia. It is hand-painted and includes a quote from Star Wars: “A long time ago in a galaxy far far away”. It feels amazing, the material that it is made off feels sturdy and crinkled. It is one of my favourite item out of this box.
- It is still relatively cold outside here in Ireland and so this exclusive galaxy print infinity scarf is going to come in handy. It was made exclusively by OwlCrate from high quality material, it is both beautiful and very comfy.
- The next item is perfect to cuddle up in bed with a book and a hot beverage. It is an exclusive Lunar Chronicles inspired ceramic mug designed by Sasha Natasha. The quote says: “Even in the future the story begins with Once Upon a Time“.
- Finally, there’s this months’ novel, Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston. It is an exclusive signed edition with stained pages! OwlCrate also included a letter from the author and the exclusive character poster.
The novel tells a story of an outlaw orphan Ana and her android BFF on an epic adventure of a lifetime, a wild ride through space. Ana is searching for the coordinates to a lost ship that could help save her android, who has been glitching more than usual lately. Things go terribly awry when she gets tangled up with an enemy, causing them both to become fugitives on the run. What they find in a hidden corner of the universe will change their futures forever.
I am in love with this particular box, I think it is my favourite one thus far. I am slightly biased, my favourite colour is purple and everything in this box is heavily coloured that way, but I feel like it is a lovely theme and all items suit to it so well. It is very well thought-out in my opinion.
The theme for next month’s box is ‘Shadows and Secrets‘, sounds mysterious and I cannot wait for it!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Dream on, Dreamers!