Hello everyone, happy Friday! Welcome to Favourite Five, where every second Friday I will make a list of my personal five favourites in a given topic.
I chose quotes from ‘Caraval’ by Stephanie Garber as this post’s topic. I’ll start from number 5 and work my way up to my most favourite 🙂
5. “She remembered thinking falling for him would be like falling in love with darkness, but now she imagined he was more like a starry night: the constellations were always there, constant, magnificent guides against the ever-present magic.”
4. “Scarlett was not fond of fate. She liked to believe if she were good, good things would happen. Fate left her feeling powerless, and hopeless, and with an overall feeling of lessness. To her, fate seemed like a larger, omnipotent version of her father, stealing her choices and controlling her life without any regard for her feelings. Fate means that nothing she did mattered.”
3. “Hope is a powerful thing. Some say it’s a different breed of magic altogether. Elusive, difficult to hold on to. But not much is needed.”
2. “No one is truly honest. Even if we don’t lie to others, we often lie to ourselves. And the word good means different things to different people. “
1. “What happens beyond this gate may frighten or excite you, but don’t let any of it trick you. We will try to convince you it’s real, but all of it is a performance. A world built of make-believe. So while we want you to get swept away, be careful of being swept too far away. Dreams that come true can be beautiful, but they can also turn into nightmares when people won’t wake up.
Dream On, Dreamers! Until next time 🙂